- Important information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. All of our teas are grown in Taiwan, are manufactured in Taiwan, and are shipped directly from Taiwan (you can see this by tracking ending with TW). Taiwan is the country least affected by COVID-19. More information is available on the website of Taiwan Centers for Disease Control.
We continue to work and ship tea on regular basis, but some countries do not accept post from the abroad. The actual list of those countries you can find at the Taiwan Post website.
- Welcome pack of selected GABA oolong is available in our shop.
- Very limited stock of the Rare Organic Dayuling Oolong Tea from Alpine Plantation in Tea Bags is available to order. Shop now!
- Since last months the delivery time to Canada has been dramatically increased, and can take up to two months to be received. All orders to Canada can be shipped only via EMS (Express Mail Service). Free shipping via airmail is unavailable, so we offer to all Canadian customers free EMS Service for all orders from 100 US$.
- Rare Qilai Mountain Unbaked Oolong is now available in our shop.
- Rare Tien Fu Farm Unbaked Oolong is now available in our shop.
- Red Oolong Tea / Hong wu long from Hsinchu (紅烏龍) is available for the order.
- Low-altitude champion Fulu Oolong from Luye Township is now available in our shop.
- Rare selected Oriental Beauty Oolong Tea / Dongfang Meiren from Li Shan Mountain is now available in our shop. This high altitude Oriental Beauty can be steeped up to 20 times, so it has very high price–performance ratio.
- New Bao Zhong Oolong Tea / Pouchong (包種茶) from Shiding District is available for the order.
Bestsellers (show more)
Most popular products (show more)
All about Tea from Taiwan
Two wild, indigenous tea subspecies, Taiwan Mountain Tea and Red Sprout Mountain Tea, were discovered in Taiwan as early as the 17th century. However, they had little economic value and were not widely used due to their bitter taste and thin, brittle leaves.
More than 200 years ago, some tea trees from Fujian Province in continental China were delivered to Taiwan. It was the beginning of the tea culture in Taiwan.
Dayuling (Da Yu Ling) is a mountain area in the middle of Taiwan’s Central Mountain Range. This is the highest place in the country, altitude is more than 2700 meters. The highest tea plantation in the world is located in Dayuling, and you can buy Da Yu Ling oolong tea which grows at the altitude more than 2600 meters in our shop.
Tea quality and taste depends not only on tea region, right brewing method, but also on season of growing and harvesting.
Different seasons give different tea taste and also depends on weather conditions during certain season certain year (temperature, rains frequency), tea taste could also vary.
Tea production is a series of various steps, which starts with freshly-plucked leaf and ends with dry tea leaves which are ready to brew. Some steps are common for all kinds of tea and (plucking, sorting etc) and other are unique for different kinds of tea. Fermentation is one of them and tea is often described as either not-fermented, semi-fermented or fermented.
We get a lot of questions, where people ask: What is the difference between oolongs from Taiwan and China? Why Taiwan tea is more expensive compare with tea from China?
First of all look on the map of that part of the world and compare China Mainland and Taiwan.
Tea experts know, that tea taste depends on different factors, including tea ware, temperature of brewing water and brewing time. How to brew tea properly in order to fully enjoy tea taste?
Tea is organic product without any preservatives, colorants and flavors. That’s why tea, as any other food, tea has it’s own storage recommendations. How keep freshness and taste of the tea?
Gaiwan (蓋碗/盖碗) is a special cup with a cover and a saucer for a tea brewing. Volume could be different - usually it is 80-200 ml. Usually gaiwan is made from porcelain, but also could be from glass or clay.
Dong Ding Oolong is one of the most famous teas of Formosa Oolong. The original cultivation area of Dong Ding is very small, but the annual amount produced by Dong Ding is high. This tea was classified according to flavor, taste and aftertaste.
The GABA is a shortening for Gamma-aminobutyric acid. Due to the special production technology, the content of this acid in GABA tea is the very high.
Than this acid is so important?
Teahouses have become a distinctive part of Taiwan's culture. People go for the ambience and to have a good cup of tea.
You can find teahouses all over the island. Spending a few hours in pleasant surroundings over a pot of best oolong tea is as easy and every bit as fashionable as finding a cup of coffee in one of the popular coffee shops. Some people go to teahouses for tea, others go just for the ambience.
The Duanwu Festival, also often known as the Dragon Boat Festival, is a traditional holiday originating in China, occurring near the summer solstice. It is also known as Zhongxiao Festival commemorating fealty and filial piety.
The Dragon Boat Festival is one of the four most important holidays that is celebrated in the Southwest of China. It has been held annually for 2000 years.
The Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Festival, is a national holiday in Taiwan with the most romantic atmosphere. The holiday takes place during the autumn, when harvest season is over, people thank the gods for the bounty of the year.