How to brew aged oolong tea (Taiwanese recipe)
How Taiwanese people brew aged tea to get dark brew and get more taste?
We have prepared small instruction for you:
- Use straight type cup, so it makes tea darker.
- The activity and ductility of tea leaves of aged tea will not be the same as fresh tea leaves.
- To brew it like in the photo, its steeping time is 2-3 times longer than that of fresh tea.
- Boil water up to 100°C.
- Therefore, if the old tea is brewed like ordinary tea, it will be released more slowly than fresh tea leaves, and it will be able to brew with more aroma and taste. This is its value.
- Assuming that the average tea leaves are brewed for about 3-5 times before loose it taste, the old tea will have more times of brewing.
- Each new brewing need to have more time to brew and concentration of bubbles will start to decrease.
- After 2-3 brewing taste will change from bitter to very strong sweetness.
Aged Oolong Lao Cha (Lord of Old Tea) is a rather unusual Taiwanese oolong. Its main difference is t..
30 years Aged Oolong Lao Cha (Lord of Old Tea) is a rather unusual Taiwanese oolong. Its main differ..